“From the service at the patient admissions office to lab work and surgery and the recovery process, everything Hurley has in place is there to care for seniors and give them the safest, most comprehensive experience possible, and with their needs in mind.” —Nelly Warda
Hurley is committed to providing the most exceptional clinical care and compassion for our region’s seniors. Over the course of the last several years, Hurley has done much to distinguish itself as a leader in the care provided for seniors by being the only hospital in the region offering:
• A no waiting/Fast Track emergency department with immediate emergency rooming for patients 65 and older
• An Acute Care for the Elderly nursing unit designed specifically to meet the needs of seniors
• An osteoporosis program and clinic for fragility fracture patients
• A Geriatric Fracture Program that specializes in treating and rehabilitating patients with hip fractures
• Geriatric resource nurses and geriatric nurse specialists
• NICHE Exemplar Hospital status (the highest level of the Nursing Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders program)
The services also include a progressive mobility program, delirium screening and prevention interventions and care transitions. Hurley is monitoring and navigating the entire continuum of care for older people.
“From the service at the patient admissions office to lab work and surgery and the recovery process, everything Hurley has in place is there to care for seniors and give them the safest, most comprehensive experience possible, and with their needs in mind,” says Nelly Warda, Hurley Senior Services patient. “I experienced outstanding care and compassion while receiving rehabilitation services, and cannot imagine receiving this type of experience anywhere else. During every step of my journey, Hurley’s entire Senior Services staff collaborated on my entire care plan, and I always knew that my needs came first.”
“Providing a setting with all the tools, technology and resources to succeed in providing exceptional senior care really sets the stage for optimized outreach as we continue to support our mission of ‘Clinical excellence. Service to people.’ Hurley truly is the safest place for seniors,” adds Cathy Metz, Geriatric Service Line administrator.